- "All my men are accounted for. Baker's dozen is more of a half dozen really, but we're okay. First time I've sat down and talked to some of these guys since before we dropped. Hartsock is still telling stories about his bar fights. Obi is still talking about his dame back home. McCreary is still kind of an asshole. It's good to be together."
- — Baker's Monologue
Ripe Pickings is the 16th chapter of Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30. This is the final chapter that shows Fallschirmjagers as the enemy.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Plot
- 3 Objectives
- 4 Characters
- 5 Weapons
- 6 Teams
- 7 Transcript
- 8 Extras
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Difference in the PS2 version
The slaughter is in the pursuit. Drive the German defense out of the farms and orchards and rescue Lt. Combs' stray patrol...
As Baker's squad are resting, Mac order Baker and part of the squad to rescue Combs patrol who might be under attack. The whole squad can't join due to need of men to defend the CP. That leaves Baker, Red, Zanovich and Obrieski to save Combs's patrol.
As they head to the battlefield, they are surprised by mortar fire and German resistance in the orchards but dealt with them easily. They soon found Combs and his patrol under fire from Germans. They managed to kill the Germans that were attacking the patrol and also the mortar crew.
Combs welcomed the help but cautioned over the German counterattack on their way back. As predicted, the Germans attack on their way out but the paratroopers push their way through.
As they reach safely back to the farmhouse, Mac warned Baker of a huge counterattack against the farmhouse and prepared the men to defend it. The 101st valiantly defended the farmhouse until the counterattack stopped. They are soon rewarded with wine founded in the farm and preparing the assault on Carentan.
Find and rescue Combs
Lt. Combs and what may be left of his squad has been cut off. Cut through the assembling German counter attack to reach Combs.
Defend the farmhouse
The counter-attack is on! Defend Cole's command post at all costs.
- Lieutenant Colonel Robert G. Cole
- Lieutenant Homer J. Combs
- Staff Sergeant Gregory Hassay
- Sergeant Matthew Baker (Playable)
- Corporal Samuel Corrion (does not speak)
- Corporal Joseph Hartsock (does not speak)
- Private First Class Jack Courtland (does not speak)
- Private First Class Kevin Leggett (does not speak)
- Private First Class Stephan Obrieski (does not speak)
- Private First Class Thomas Zanovich (does not speak)
- Private Dale McCreary (does not speak)
- M1 Garand
- M1A1 Thompson
- Cpl. Hartsock - B.A.R. M1918
- Pfc. Zanovich - M1 Garand
- Pfc. Obrieski - M1 Garand
- Cpl. Corrion - M1A1 Thompson
- Pfc. Courtland - M1A1 Carbine
- Pvt. McCreary - M1A1 Carbine
- Main article: Ripe Pickings/Transcript
E3 Demonstration Video
Col. S.L.A. Marshall's Sketch Map of Ripe Pickings
This sketch map drawn by Army Historian S.L.A Marshall shows Lt. Combs' patrol, Lt. Col. Cole's CP and the positions in the orchard defending it.
A close up of the Ingouf farmhouse (Cole's CP) and Sgt. Summers's gun positions. His MG was destroyed and the troops defended with small arms.
A close-up of the area German forces had taken back and the direction of Lt. Combs' separated patrol. The off map area is represented in "Ripe Pickings."
Holding the Line - The Afternoon Fight AAR
A page from the After Action Reports describing the fighting in the afternoon after Cole's Charge. The "Ripe Pickings" fight became a last stand.
Hour after hour, the Germans press on through the orchard and along the abounding hedgerows.
All that saved the Americans was that enemy did not have sufficient artillery.
They were on the north side of the hedge in one spot and the Germans held the rest of the hedge on the other side...they grenaded each other.
The enemy kept coming. Sgt. Summers' number 2 gun at the front of the last hedgerow was knocked out and the three crew members were killed.
1944 Aerial Reconnaissance Photograph of Area
Aerial reconnaissance photograph of the"Ripe Pickings" and "Cole's Charge" area.
Close up of the 'Ripe Pickings" cross-road.
- 2nd level in which Red is without his helmet,before he got it back.
Difference in the PS2 version
- McCreary is absent.
- Mac, Red, Zanovich, and Corrion are using an M1 Carbine. Obrieski uses a B.A.R, and Courtland is equipped with an M1A1 Thompson.
- Lt. Homer J. Combs is a part of Assault Team.